To provide an open and candid forum for AFEW's Young Professional members to gain insight from experienced members.
- Participants must adhere to AFEW common commitments
- Willingness to invest the time & effort in the relationship throughout the entire mentorship period
- Must be a current AFEW member
- Experienced Professionals (10+ years experience) will serve as mentors to Young Professionals (0-10 years experience)
- For the initial contact and first formal meeting, the mentor will be responsible for setting a meeting date and time, location and the agenda. Subsequently, the Mentee will be responsible for setting up meetings and agendas.
- Mentees/Mentors will self-determine the meeting schedule, location, and topics. However, it is expected that mentorship will take place from the launch of the program through August 2021 with at least one meeting per month.
- It is expected that both parties will be respectful with each other's availability and time commitment. Thus, attending scheduled meetings is mandatory to continuing in this program. In extraordinary circumstances, a partner may need to cancel an already scheduled meeting. Notice of cancellation should be made as soon as practical.
- At the end of August, mentors and mentees will be asked to reflect on the program and complete a survey to provide feedback on the program.
- Mentors and mentee are expected to attend the program events/activities (kick-off, May, and August).
- Give back to the next generation
- Develop feedback and critical thinking skills
- Discover a new perspective
- Advance your leadership skills by fostering career progression and growth opportunities
- Grow professional networks
• Why Become a Mentee? (Benefits) - Learn from the experience of your mentor - Grow professional networks - Learn to navigate workplace challenges - Develop your leadership skills,and explore opportunities and build your career path - Gain practical advice, encouragement and support.
1-2 hours per month